Includes an overview of the Vedic tradition from which yoga originates, essential concepts, terminology, and categories of knowledge in the Vedic tradition, a comparison of different schools of Vedanta, Vedic epistemology, hermeneutics, and cosmology, and practical applications of traditional yoga philosophy in the modern world.
- Yoga-sutras, Part 1: Conceptions of Identity in Yoga Philosophy - Covers the psychology of yoga in terms of spiritual identity and material mis-identity. Includes a detailed description of the three qualities of material nature, impressions on the mind, and the essential tension between modern western culture and traditional yoga philosophy.
- Yoga-sutras, Part 2: Yoga as a Moral Philosophy - Covers the values, ethical imperatives, and moral actions associated with living a yogic lifestyle as well as the relationship of morality to the acquisition of knowledge.
- Keys to Understanding the Bhagavad-gita - Includes a summary of the Mahabharata - the back-story of the Gita, the literary structure of the Gita, the five topics of the Gita, an overview of the four systems of yoga described in the Gita (karma-yoga, astanga-yoga, bhakti-yoga, and jnana-yoga), and the Gita's hierarchical conception of reality.
- Life Lessons from the Bhagavad-gita - Includes key verses and passages that offer specific insights into Arjuna’s moral dilemma, our own personal challenges, applying yogic values to social issues, how navigate relationships, and living a purpose-driven life.
- The Perfection of Yoga - Covers the central position of devotion in both the Yoga-sutras and the Bhagavad-gita, why devotion is the indispensable element for the success of any system of yoga, and how Bhakti-yoga incorporates and subsumes all of the other methods of yoga. Includes discussions on the definition and attributes of Isvara, the concept of Krishna, spiritual plurality and inclusion, and the intersection of yoga and religion.
**This is a component of Faith Hunter's 300hr Yoga Teacher Training Program.**
Investment: $525 or $475 (early bird)
SUPER Early Bird by Nov 25: $425