*a spiritual activism workshop*
Yoga is a process of engaging with the world, and, a process of turning inward; of turning off the world long enough to acquire the strength, knowledge and equanimity necessary for facing the world's challenges. The deeper our inward turn, the stronger our outward turn. In this session of participatory discussion punctuated by contemplative and experiential exercises, we'll:
- share thoughts and ideas based on the wisdom of traditional yoga texts,
- discuss the importance of spiritualizing activism,
- discover yoga's values as a solid foundation for progressive social action,
- explore lessons from the history of non-violent civil disobedience and
- learn how to imbue our actions with spiritual power.
Participants will leave prepared to re-orient their activist experiences, aware of universal principles of non-violent social change, enabled to love an enemy they may never like and armed with spiritual techniques for maintaining mental and emotional equilibrium.
This is a donation-based event - 100% of the teacher's workshop pay will be donated to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
Suggested Donation: $25