New to yoga and overwhelmed by the movement cues? Or, have some experience, but feel like you're missing key elements of common poses and transitions? This all-levels, beginner-friendly workshop explores the mechanics and alignment of fundamental Vinyasa yoga poses and sequences. Build a strong, safe foundation for your practice and confidently step into All Level, Slow Flow and Basics classes with grace and ease. In addition to practicing and refining poses, enjoy Q&A and brief Anatomy discussion - plus, a cool-down and guided deep relaxation. Bring a journal for Anatomy and other notes. Tea and water provided.
- Vinyasa elements & transitions: Basic Sun Salutations, Vinyasa transitions - Downward Facing Dog or Plank to: Knees/Chest/Chin to Baby or King Cobra, Half-Chaturanga to Cobra or Upward Facing Dog, Chaturanga to Upward Facing Dog, and Stepping back/forward to Lunges.
- Backbends: Camel, Locust and Bow.
- Seated/floor poses & Twists: Pigeon, Forward Folds, Seated Twist, Chair Twist and Lunge Twist.
- Standing poses, balances & transitions: Lunges: Basic (knee down and raised) & Crescent, Warrior Poses, Triangle, Tree and Dancer.
- Arm balances: Side Plank and Crow (with preparatory practice).
- Inversions: Bridge and Shoulder Stand.
Pose requests are welcome.