The practice of yoga is a never ending journey of personal development and exploration.
We are honored to offer an array of educational offerings from a broad collection of local and international yoga instructors, healers and health professionals. As a Yoga Alliance registered facility, we provide monthly CE workshops to enhance your teaching, encourage your personal growth, and increase your knowledge of self and the practice. Topics may include: teaching techniques, asana sequencing, finding your voice, meditation, pranayama, yoga therapy, etc.
Shakti Inspired Prenatal Yoga Training with April Puciata
Focused on inspiring feminine energy and teaching students and teachers to honor what is best for the individual - both in the yoga practice and in their own personal birth decisions, Shakti Inspired Prenatal Yoga is a comprehensive, informative training. Proud to be the first and only 85 hour training registered with Yoga Alliance in Washington DC. this unique program covers anatomy and physiology of pregnancy as well as birthing information.
Prenatal students arrive with difference experience levels, different stages of pregnancy and with different issues – all in the same class. In this training your will learn how to sequence and teach creative and safe prenatal classes for all levels of students. You will also learn breathing, pranayama, meditation, and relaxation techniques which will add to your students’ experience and to your knowledge.
We want you to understand the choices your students are making – and to honor each students’ decisions, instinct and intuition. As teachers, you will also be honing your skills through practice teaching and led practices.
** Yoga Alliance register Program. Register as R-PYT or submit as Continuing Education**
Investment: $1750 or $1500 (Early Bird) - Register Online
Tuesdays 6pm-9pm: Jan 26, Feb 2, March 29
Saturday and Sundays 10am-7pm: Jan 23-24, February 6-7, April 2-3, & April 23-24
Following a weekend format, this 85 hour teacher training is completed in a Friday evening, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning/afternoon syllabus. Early bird registration will discount full tuition. Individual session pricing is also available. To register as R-PYT, you must also be registered as a 200 hour yoga teacher. Areas of study include:
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- Sequencing for prenatal classes
- Common symptoms and associated therapeutic benefits of yoga
- Terminology, complications, and risk factors of pregnancy
- Information on birthing options (without judgment!)
- What to expect and childbirth education (maternal and fetal development, labor and delivery, and the postpartum period)
- Psychological/emotional considerations
- Definitions of available support (people to consult/ who does what)
- Appropriate pranayama/meditations and relaxation techniques for pregnancy
- Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Safe transition techniques
- Kegels/core work during pregnancy
- Importance of touch
- Mudras and mantras
- Vocal Toning
- The business of prenatal yoga
- Post natal information and class sequence
- Baby and Me
- Partner workshops for labor